About the Film Series
The Blue Whiskey Cinema (BWC) is a monthly film series dedicated to showcasing exciting independent and modestly-budgeted films from all over the world that have one thing in common: a strong, powerful story. Submission alone does not guarantee inclusion in the film series. Films are selected based on creativity, production value and storytelling. Decisions are final.
Submission Eligibility Guidelines
- Entrants must agree to all Entry Rules & Regulations to be considered for film series selection.
- Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
- NTSC DVD Region 0 or 1 submissions will be accepted. Submission DVDs will not be returned.
- While there is no submission fee required to submit a film, the Blue Whiskey Cinema series is not liable for any shipping costs or screening fees. By submitting your film, you grant BWC non-exclusive permission to exhibit the film if selected.
- Electronic press kits (which should include film stills, director(s) photos, brief director bio, synopsis and production credits) are encouraged to be submitted with the film. If they are not, the Blue Whiskey Cinema Series (BWC) reserves the right to secure substitute materials from other sources (ex: film’s website). All hard copy photos provided must be clearly identified on the back. Photos will not be returned and may be used for any festival promotions.
- By submitting, entrants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music in their films.
- Selected films and their respective filmmakers agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional opportunities. The BWC Programming Committee may request a teaser, trailer or 30 second clip for selected features in competition. This media will be used to promote the individual films for the festival.
- Selected filmmakers who plan on attending the screening are responsible for their own travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
- All of the above submission eligibility guidelines and general rules are subject to change by the Blue Whiskey Cinema Series without notice.
- Individual submitting certifies that they are the owner of the exhibition and distribution rights of the film/video being submitted and, if accepted, hereby grant BWC non-exclusive permission to use said film as described
in the points listed above.
Mailing / Shipping Address
Blue Whiskey Cinema Submissions
434 ½ East Northwest Highway #6
Palatine, IL. 60067